Monday, February 11, 2013

And Now for Something Completely Different...

Well guys, it turns out that being a full time college student, working ten hours a week, and running an Etsy shop takes up a lot of time. It also turns out that writing intelligent and interesting blog posts about Medieval and Ancient history is really hard. For instance, that post about the Vikings that I wrote? It took me over 6 hours to research and write... yeah, a lot longer than I expected, too.
Thus, I'm shifting the focus of Annales Historiae a bit. There will still be plenty of Medieval and other historical content, just in smaller packages and a less academic style. Also, it turns out that I've been accepted into an Archaeological Field School in Sweden for five weeks this coming summer, and I'm taking the chance to explore a bit of Ireland and the United Kingdom while I'm on the other side of the Pond. I've been to the Middle East before, but that was a trip organized by my university and I had practically no exposure to the very complicated process of planning an international trip. This time, I'm doing it all myself.

If you stick around, you'll get to journey with me through the adventures of scheming for a two-month trip to Northern and Northwestern Europe, actually going there, and plenty of tidbits about Medieval history and arts along the way.

For starters, one of my secrets to travel planning so far is my travelling friend Lisa's blog, "The Traveling Mandolin," where she runs a series called "Travel Tip Tuesdays" - chock full of great advice on packing, planning, staying healthy, and much more while traveling. I'm also already loving Rick Steves' Europe Through the Back Door 2013, an excellent guide book for literally everything that every sort of traveler needs to know for an amazing trip to Europe.

If you have any tips or suggestions for my trip, please comment below!

Incidentally, I'm also running a giveaway for a tiny leather journal necklace on my Etsy shop's Facebook Page, and you can still enter, now through Tuesday, February 12, at midnight CST!

No comments:

Post a Comment