Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Introducing the Badon Hill Blog!


I started this blog, Annales Historiae, over four years ago, in April of 2011. I was in college and headed on a study abroad trip to Egypt, Jordan, and Israel that summer, and I wanted to blog about the cool stuff I would learn and see along the way. I didn't really have a clear goal or audience in mind, but I knew I wanted to tell stories of history in an exciting and interesting way.

Similarly, I started my handmade business, Badon Hill, six years ago in June of 2009. I had no idea what I was doing when it came to selling things online, but I knew that I liked making leather journals and that I wanted to share them with others. That business has grown and changed a whole lot in those six years, and the biggest change has been in the past 6 or 8 months, in that I am raising up Badon Hill from being a hobby into being a fully fledged business.

I have a lot of even bigger plans yet in the books for 2015, and I do mean big. This means that it is time for change here at Annales Historiae. After this post, I will no longer be updating the Annales Historiae Blog. I'm still blogging, but my posts have a new home, and it's called the Badon Hill Blog. It is still run solely by me, but I wanted to have a more professional site, so it is hosted with Squarespace, and I am loving it!

I'm so glad you've come here, and I hope you've enjoyed the journey along with me here on Annales Historiae! I hope that you'll continue the adventure and head over to the Badon Hill Blog to follow all the new fun there, too! A great place to start is the first post, where I explained what led me to starting the blog, and what I have planned for it.

Thanks everyone!

1 comment: